The San Francisco Scottish Fiddlers formed in 1986 to provide an opportunity for people who enjoy playing traditional Scottish fiddle music to get together and share tunes. As the group has grown in numbers and experience, they have increasingly shared this music in public performances such as annual concerts, fiddle rallies at the San Francisco Caledonian Club Highland Games, and at a variety of festivals.
Guided by their musical director, noted Scottish fiddler Alasdair Fraser, the San Francisco Scottish Fiddlers draw their repertoire from the entire range of Scottish fiddle music, including tunes from the highlands and western isles, from the northeast of Scotland and from Shetland. Many of their favorite tunes come from the strong Scottish fiddling tradition that flourishes in Cape Breton Island off the northeast coast of Canada, to which Scots emigrated in the 18th century.
The San Francisco Scottish Fiddlers are part of the Scottish Fiddlers of California which is a nonprofit organization for the purpose of furthering Scottish traditional music.
- The Inverness Gathering, Maggie Cameron, The Brolum
- William Wallace*
- Fingal's Cave, Skyedance Reels, Puirt a Beul
- Rowing from Isla to Uist
- Jackson's Reel, Glenroad to Carrick, Moll and Tiarna**
- The Tushkar, Miss Susan Cooper, Millbrae
- The Midlothian Pipe Band, The Glendaruel Highlanders, The Ale is Dear, Jock Wilson's Ball, The Kilt is My Delight*
- Jessie Smith, Braes of Mar, Jenny Dang the Weaver, Pretty Peggy
- The Duke of Fife's Welcome to Deeside, The Athole Highlanders
- Miss Hamilton of Pencaitland*
- Neil Gow's Lamentation for James Moray of Abercairney
- The Munster Lass, Light and Airy, Cullen House
- Paddy's Leather Breeches, Pogonip Jig, Katie's Visit to San Francisco, The Swallow, Los Cerritos***
- Nathaniel Gow's Lament for his Brother*
- King George IV, King's Reel, Old King's Reel, John MacNeil's Reel
- Mrs. MacLeod of Raasay, Largo's Fairy Dance, De'il Among the Tailors
All titles traditional except "William Wallace" by J. Scott Skinner; "The Tushkar," "Miss Susan Cooper and "Millbrae" by Ronald Cooper; Pogonip Jig" by Paul Machlis; "Katie's Visit to San Francisco," "The Swallow" and "Los Cerritos" by Laura Risk,
||* Alasdair Fraser
**Paul Chaffee and Kevin Bernhagen with Keith Livingston
***Laura Risk and Athena Tergis